The Museum of Contemporary Art Australia (MCA) is looking for a Senior Graphic Designer with a strong conceptual and innovative approach to join our small and dedicated internal design team in a part-time capacity, 3 days per week.
Located on one of the most beautiful sites in the world at Sydney’s Circular Quay, the MCA engages audiences with contemporary art and ideas through the presentation of a diverse program of exhibitions and special events. The MCA Design studio supports the brand identity of the MCA and creates materials communicating the range of MCA exhibitions, events, public programs and other activities. The Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for the design of a range of communication materials including print, digital, signage, web design, and multimedia projects to convey messages and themes consistent with the MCA’s vision. The Senior Graphic Designer is also responsible for setting the graphic design direction and providing graphic design advice and guidance to other design team members.
We are looking for someone with:
• a degree in visual communication or graphic design;
• a minimum 5–7 years’ design experience in both agency and in-house studios;
• a balanced and flexible approach to creative and conceptual thinking;
• proficiency in Apple MAC software, in particular InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop and HTML 5 software including Adobe Animate;
• experience managing multiple projects and stakeholders with the ability to deliver within tight deadlines.
• strong project management skills;
• experience of artwork preparation, including colour management, and knowledge of the print production process and digital delivery platforms;
• exceptional communication and interpersonal skills; and
• a positive and friendly personality and a passion for design.
The successful applicant will be a team player with a flexible approach and the ability to work fast and manage time effectively.
For a full position description, visit the MCA website at www.mca.com.au. Short listing for interviews will be based on applicants meeting the essential criteria listed in the position description. Please send your application (cover letter, CV, and a separate document addressing the selection criteria), including names and telephone numbers of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 9am on Wednesday 31 May 2017.
The MCA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. The MCA promotes a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment, and where individuals are treated with fairness, equality and dignity.